WHAT A FANTASTIC SUMMER OPPORTUNITY!
The Windridge Tennis & Sports Camps was chosen by Tennis Magazine as “one of the top ten tennis camps in the United States.”
Windridge is looking for an Office Assistant who is enthusiastic, patient and interested in working with sporty and athletic campers and staff. Campers are aged 8-15 and we offer them the opportunity to take lessons in tennis, soccer, horseback riding and a variety of traditional camp electives. On our website www.windridgecamps.com you will find our application form under “Staff”. We encourage you to watch our camp video link on the website for an indication of the Windridge philosophy and camp vibe. Applicants with families and kids are welcome to apply! Please feel free to phone with any questions at 802-860-2005
- Experience in office procedures (i.e., filing, answering telephones, photocopying, meeting public, etc.)
- Ability to use a variety of computer software programs (Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel)
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Ability and desire to work in a camp setting
- Ability to relate to people of a variety of ages
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control
The Office Assistant is an integral part of the success of Windridge Tennis Camp at Teela-Wooket. The Office Assistant should maintain an atmosphere in the office that meets the goals of the Windridge experience- a camp where campers make a commitment to hard work, good sportsmanship, and wholesome fun and laughter amidst a warm and friendly environment in a caring atmosphere.
To facilitate the work of the camp’s director, assistant director, and other camp staff.
- Answer phones and take accurate messages.
- Keep office and surrounding area clean and neat.
- Sort or oversee the sorting of camp mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Coordinate work coming into and out of the office (i.e., photocopying, word processing, producing program materials, etc.)
- Be familiar and follow through with camp policies regarding camper and staff phone calls, faxes, and use of office.
- Supervise or oversee sales and inventory of Camp Store.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Must have visual acuity and auditory ability to observe campers and staff behavior, identify and respond to hazards, use the computer and the phone, order supplies.
- Must have cognitive ability to use the computer, telephone, keep neat and orderly records.
- Must be physically able to drive to pick up supplies, carry and load supplies, and complete errands.
- Must have oral ability to convey information to the public.