An international, urban travel company is looking for someone with a strong commitment to learning through travel and sustainable travel. Operating in 24 cities and fifteen countries, Context Travel organizes "walking seminars," small, in-depth, learning experiences led by our consortium of Ph.D.-level scholars and experts. Continually expanding to new cities and recruiting new docents, we have offices in Paris, Rome, London, Istanbul, and Philadelphia.
We are currently looking to add a full time time office associate to our Philadelphia office, which serves as the company’s headquarters.
The office associate position is based out of the U.S. corporate headquarters of Context in Philadelphia and is an entry-level, full-time position. Responsibilities include supporting Context staff, docents, and clients globally. Duties include 1st tier customer service, general office work and booking reservations. The position reports to the the U.S. operations manager.
- Bachelor degree in the liberal arts.
- A minimum of 1 year office experience.
- A minimum of 1 year front-line customer service experience, such as in a restaurant.
- Knowledge of one of our Asian cities is a strongly preferred (such as studying or teaching abroad).
- Work experience in the cultural sector is helpful.
- A love of travel and talking about travel is required.
- High computer proficiency, including internet, email, and social media. We are a Mac-based company.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- A personal dedication to independent and sustainable travel.
- A passion for learning about world culture.
Office Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support of US office and global sales channels:
First-tier customer service: Answering phone calls and emails from customers and helping them choose walking seminars for all Context cities. Knowing how to find out answers to complicated questions. Trip planning.
Travel agents – assisting with inquiries and bookings.
Handling emergency phone calls during office hours and occasional weekends
General office support to assist an office staff of 4 full-time people.
Context Travel - 11 months ago