RED RIVER ARMY DEPOT - BUILDING IT AS IF OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT. THEIRS DO!
A DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) career offers you an opportunity to work in an award winning organization and to serve our Nation and those who defend it worldwide. DFAS provides payment services for the US Department of Defense.
As an Office Automation Clerk for DFAS, NAF Financial Services, you will receive electronic facsimiles, route to recipient, and respond to customers inquiries regarding receipt of facsimiles.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
As an Office Automation Clerk your duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate standard office equipment and follow general office practices
- Receive electronic facsimiles and route to recipient
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding receipt of facsimiles
- Send outgoing facsimiles
- Communicate orally and in writing
Knowledge of office practices and machines. Demonstrated ability to use a personal computer. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Clerical and Communication Skills.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...