Performs various clerical duties to support the department. Duties may include filing, retrieving records or files, responding to telephone calls and other inquiries, data entry, maintaining logs and other records, copying, faxing, and distribution of mail or other materials.
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. One (1) or Two (2) years of clerical experience and possesses a working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
3. Strong data entry, computer, and software skills preferred.
4. Ability to use standard office equipment to include copiers, fax machines, and other methods of electronic communications.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and external customers.
7. Dependable transportation, valid automobile insurance and a valid driver’s license may be required to perform errands outside of the office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided our growth into one of the nation’s leading home health and hospice care organizations. With Amedisys, you’ll be part of a culture focused on delivering the care that’s best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation, care empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life.
The health care industry is changing; at Amedisys we’re developing a new model of care that not only reduces preventable hospital readmissions and saves money, but provides convenience, compassion and customized service for every patient. We believe we can do that by focusing on quality care, improving technology and efficiency, and hiring employees who care not just with their hands and head, but also with their heart.
Our people are our business; Amedisys invests in you throughout your career with industry-leading educational benefits, including free clinical continuing education and tuition assistance. And our career ladders program lets you map out your professional development and advancement opportunities, helping you build a career, not just a job.
We offer competitive salaries and one of the best benefit packages in the industry:
The decision to join the Amedisys team is a decision that is rewarded on a daily basis by the difference we make in the lives of our patients and their families.
- 401 (K) plan with employer-matching contribution available for all employees
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan available to full and part-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Amedisys' philosophy, "Taking care of your loved ones as we would our own," has guided their growth into one of the nation’s leading home...