Griffin Faculty Practice Plan seeks an office coordinator to perform various administrative functions at a primary care practice.
• Coordinates daily office operations, patient flow and scheduling of appointments.
• Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls.
• Greets patients and other visitors to the office.
• Provides timely check-in and check-out for patients, updates patient registration information as needed, and collects co-pays accurately.
• Contacts insurance carriers to obtain prior authorizations as needed.
• Manages billing and charge entry for office.
• Provides support as needed to central billing and credentialing personnel, to resolve denied claims.
• Provides general clerical support for the office, open and sort mail, and maintain inventory of office supplies.
EDUCATION: High School diploma required; some college or career training preferred.
• Minimum of three years administrative/billing experience in a physician’s office.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology and medical office billing/coding.
• Experience working with electronic health records strongly preferred.
• Must possess strong customer service skills and must be able to multi-task.