- Coordinates daily office operations, patient flow and scheduling of appointments.
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls.
- Greets patients and other visitors to the office.
- Provides timely check-in and check-out for patients, updates patient registration information as needed, and collects co-pays accurately.
- Contacts insurance carriers to obtain prior authorizations as needed.
- Manages billing and charge entry for office.
- Provides support as needed to central billing and credentialing personnel, to resolve denied claims.
- Provides general clerical support for the office, open and sort mail, and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years administrative/billing experience in a surgical office.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and medical office billing/coding.
- Experience working with electronic health records strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong customer service skills and must be able to multi-task.