High school diploma or equivalent and two to three years of administrative experience with progressive increases in responsibility. Experience in an academic setting strongly preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to be pro-active in following up on projects and tasks.
• Excellent phone etiquette.
• Ability to handle confidential materials.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
Performs administrative support for the Department as a whole, as well as physicians or managerial staff. Must be able to interface positively with the public, meet deadlines and hold oneself accountable to anticipate the needs of the department, physician, clinical and administrative staff. Significant independent judgment required. Provides primary support to Director of Anesthesiology Research with responsibilities to include coordinating the preparation and submission of research documents, drafting memos and other documents, supporting mentoring activities for junior faculty, and providing general administrative support. Also assists the Administrative Manager – AIC in the completion of tasks related to faculty affairs functions and department-wide compliance activities. Over time, develops expertise in University policies as a liaison for department faculty.
1. Perform general administrative support to the Director of Anesthesiology Research: answer phones, schedule meetings, maintain calendar, mail, files, copies and faxes, etc.
2. Coordinate meetings and documents related to research mentoring program for junior faculty. Support Director in fostering research in the department through maintaining schedule of research presentations and agenda for research development meetings.
3. Assist Director in the preparation of documents for submission of new grants. Work closely with Research Administration to understand and support grant submission process. Maintains positive communication with Research Administration and frequently follows up on grant status to resolve any issues.
4. Order supplies and materials through Research Purchasing process.
5. Schedule travel and prepare faculty expense reports for submission through research or departmental funds.
6. Assist Administrative Manager - AIC in the completion of tasks related to faculty affairs issues, including tracking of compliance with Extramural Activities reports, Conflict of Interest, updated FEDS information, and annual faculty review process. Assists with routine items related to faculty onboarding, appointment, and promotion. Develops expertise in University policies and researches faculty benefit questions as a resource to department faculty.
7. Provide back-up coverage to Administrative Manager – AIC in maintaining calendar for the Department Chair. May involve coordination of travel, balancing multiple daily schedule changes, and extensive interface with hospital VIPs, and their assistants.
8. Perform advanced administrative support duties as assigned by Administrative Manager - AIC. Includes, phones, mail, email, and other correspondence, communication with department faculty, Directors, and hospital management, project work, and general problem-solving.
9. Assist Divisional Managers in other special administrative support projects requiring ability to work independently and responsibly as assigned.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 9 months ago