Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East. Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
This position is per diem position on day shift with no benefits.
· Responsible for the appropriate input of patient information to ensure accurate and ethical claims submission, as assigned.
· Responsible for the effective audit of medical documentation for the purpose of ensuring compliance to HCFA documentation guidelines and HCMG policy.
· Monitors compliance issues. Stays current with changes in reimbursement regulations.
· Demonstrates reliability in accepting and fulfilling various roles. Performs other job related duties within job scope as requested by office manager.
· Participates in other coding projects and activities as assigned.
· Displays basic knowledge of problem solving skills and is able to coordinate work area activities.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Certified Coder (either CPC or CCS-P) is preferred.
Experience & Skills:
· Minimum two (2) years experience with coding practices which includes one (1) year of medical coding required. Skill in using computer coding programs and systems is necessary.
· Knowledge of coding policies and procedures and reimbursement practices necessary.
· Knowledge of health insurance processing and clinical policies is necessary.
· Skill in identifying and resolving problems necessary.
· Ability to prepare reports in accordance with detailed instruction is necessary.
· Good interpersonal skills are necessary as well as effective communication skills.
If you’re interested in working at Holy Cross Hospital, know this: We’re committed to providing compassionate and holistic...