BenchMark Rehab Partners
Our Mission: To empower and inspire people to reach their full potential.
Our Vision: To deliver the highest quality, evidence-based health care with a passion for excellence.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for maintaining a pleasant and consistent flow in the daily operations of the clinic by providing excellent customer service, communicating effectively with fellow employees, physician offices, patients and insurance companies, and efficiently handling all tasks related to claims and financial submissions. Supports and contributes to the mission, vision and values of the company.
- Greets everyone who enters the clinic in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Answers all incoming calls.
- Receives and distributes mail, faxes and phone messages.
- Directs callers to appropriate department as necessary, ensuring follow-up as necessary.
- Schedules new referrals received by fax or by telephone from patients, physician offices, or other sources.
- Creates new patient charts as instructed.
- Gathers and accurately enters required patient demographics during initial phone call.
- Advises new patients of the clinic location, explains the first visit including appropriate clothing, length of visit and therapist’s name.
- Schedules new evaluations and follow-up visits in accordance with physician and therapist orders.
- Verifies insurance coverage for patients under workers’ compensation, motor vehicle accident, or those scheduled with less than 24 hours notification.
- Obtains authorization for referrals as required by insurance company.
- Maintains a working understanding of insurance benefits and seeks assistance as necessary.
- Accurately answers patient’s questions regarding their insurance plan coverage and costs.
- Collects patient copayments and puts in a secure location.
- Prints a receipt for any payment received and gives to the patient.
- Balances and closes the cash journal on a daily basis.
- Reports any unbalanced accounts, missing funds, etc. to the Clinic Director immediately.
- Posts charges, balance and close charge journal for all services provided daily.
QUALIFICATIONS – Required
- Maintains and orderly and organized front office workspace.
- Ensures all documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Monitors reports related to front desk functions and works with clinic and business office teams to improve results.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
One to two years experience reception or front office experience.
Excellent customer service and communication skills, ability to multitask, organizational detail, ability to meet deadlines, work with little to no supervision, as a member of a team, efficient time management skills, computer programs including (Word, Excel, etc.).
Works in a business office environment.
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday during normal business hours. May be required to attend special events some evenings and weekends, and work overtime as requested.
Requires minimal travel.
This position requires little physical activity and is office-based. May be required to occasionally lift items such as supplies of up to 20 lbs. Requires frequent computer use. A professional ergonomic assessment of the workstation is available as requested, and will be provided at least once annually.
Reception experience in a medical office setting is preferred.
Integrity Rehab Group - 23 months ago
Established in 2000, Integrity Rehab Group is the nation's leading provider of physical, occupational, and hand therapy services based in...