Join our movement
Success Academy Charter Schools is a fast growing not-for-profit Charter Management Organization (CMO) that operates 14 public charter elementary and middle schools throughout New York City (with 6 additional school openings planned for August 2013). Over the next decade, our network will grow to 40 schools that provide a phenomenal K-8 public education to NYC school children. Our dual mission is to:
Offer children in New York City an exceptional public education that prepares them to succeed in college and life.
Forever alter the educational prospects for all public school children by creating a “tipping point” – moving a nation where educational failure is the norm to a nation that expects high-quality public school options for all children.
We are seeking an ambitious Office Coordinator to join our Success Academies team!
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the Office Coordinator is responsible for supporting the non-instructional operations and communications of a Success Academy. The Office Coordinator will be working directly with the school operations team to help maintain a friendly, safe, and professional school environment.
As a Result of your Hard Work
- Organize, analyze, and streamline systems and processes for information collection including student records.
- Assist with office reception activities such as answering phone calls, faxes, electronic communication, sorting mail, and greeting visitors.
- Assist with tracking of school data, including scholar attendance, behavior, and other achievements/infractions; create systems that support school leaders and families in meeting school culture goals.
- Foster a welcoming and aesthetically pleasing environment in the Main Office.
- Manage and support our scholars with health, behavior, and other needs.
- Organize and assist with maintenance of school supply inventory, aesthetics, facilities, and technology support.
- Assist the school operations team with planning and executing school events.
- Contribute to positive communication and relationship building with parents, the larger school community, and external parties.
- Parents are engaged and informed members of the school community.
- Scholar needs are met in a timely manner without disrupting instruction.
- Visitors feel welcomed and comfortable asking questions or addressing concerns with the Main Office.
- The leadership and operations teams can craft new systems or modify existing processes based on the data you have collected and analyzed.
- Day to day activities of the school operations team run efficiently and smoothly.
- Scholars and teachers participate in well-run, joyful and rigorous events.
- Success Academy aesthetics standards will be met.
This is an entry-level position. The ideal candidate for this position must have a keen eye for detail matched with the ability to learn quickly. Proficiency with computers and Microsoft applications (a high level of proficiency in excel is preferred) is required. Experience working with elementary school children is preferred, but not required.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
- Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines.
- Communication. Comfort with public speaking, addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor.
- Attention to detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Dedication to mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- I ndependence. Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Collaboration . Works with teammates and is responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Office Coordinator at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Success Academy Charter Schools - 19 months ago
Join the Success Academy Movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State...