I. JOB SUMMARY
This position performs routine (daily, weekly, monthly) manual tasks in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions, and appearance of the building (office areas and parking lot) and to perform higher level specialized custodial tasks.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Cleans all bathrooms, offices, hallways and any other assigned areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and polishing.
- Empties and decontaminates trash containers.
- Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures.
- Cleans floors using mops and/or machines.
- Sweeps sidewalks, porches and tiled surfaces.
- Operates wet/dry vacuum for cleaning and shampooing carpeted areas.
- Reports needs for painting and minor building or equipment repair to supervisor.
- Minor equipment repair and maintenance as well as some painting.
- Replaces light bulbs and/or reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- Performs custodial related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
- Performs many varied custodial tasks necessary for the upkeep of buildings and grounds.
- Serves, as needed on a specialized set-up crew with principal responsibilities for setting up tables, chairs, and other furniture for special meetings, banquets or other occasions.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. Education, Experience, and Training
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to represent the Food Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
· Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, agency personnel, and store employees.
B. Knowledge and Skills
· Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team
member and follow tasks through to completion.
· Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
· Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
· Ability to represent the Food Bank in a professional manner under a variety of conditions.
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working in inclement weather, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
Please click on the following link to apply for the position:
No recruiters, phone calls or walk-ins please.
The Capital Area Food Bank of Texas is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.
Greenlights for Nonprofit Success
- 12 months ago - save job