TireBuyer.com, a division of American Tire Distributers, is an Internet-based eCommerce company aiming to become the leading direct-to-consumer online retailer in the Tire and Wheel industry. Our goal is to build a rich online customer experience platform for the end-to-end (shop, buy, install) lifecycle for TireBuyer and other “white-label" tire consumer segments. TireBuyer will lead the industry in providing innovative solutions to the consumer simplifying a complex shopping cycle that integrates a national tire purchase with localized install process. Localization, social and mobile strategies are an imperative to success as this online retail market explodes.
Position Title: Office Manager, TireBuyer.com
Supervisor: Dealer Marketing Program Manager
Position Purpose :
- This position will manage the daily operations of the TireBuyer.com Bellevue office, including reception and mail, purchasing, safety, building management relations, and facilities management for an office of 50+ staff. Working hours are 8:30-5:00, Mon-Fri.
- This position is also responsible for invoice management, including coordination, tracking and processing of expendables and office document workflow.
- Additional requirements include event planning, catering, and special event coordination.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Achieve financial objectives by tracking office expenditures to budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Keep daily office operations and procedures running smoothly, including: reception, mail, correspondence, organizational systems, supply requisitions.
- Evaluate, maintain, and purchase office supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Encourage efficiency by maintaining office systems, layouts, and equipment.
- Receive and process invoices, ensuring invoices are properly coded, approved, and submitted.
- Create, receive, and process purchase orders and project requests.
- Maintain technical office equipment including copiers and phones.
- Coordinate and/or perform all responsibilities related moves, additions or changes.
- Design and implement office policies, maintain established standards and procedures; measure results against standards and make necessary adjustments.
- Serve as liaison for building management and engineering personnel as well as contracted vendors.
- Proactively ensure a safe workplace including compliance with applicable laws, insurance requirements and ergonomic training and assistance for staff.
- Maintain emergency preparedness plan for office.
- Provide meeting and event coordination as well as preparation (catering, set up, clean up, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Success Factors/Key Metrics :
- Ability to report departmental costs to within target ranges
- Management of key vendor relationships
- On time, on budget, seamless coordination of office events
- Employee satisfaction
Key Partners (Positions) :
- Dealer Marketing Program Manager
- Director of Sales and Customer Service
- Director of Product Management
- Director of New Business Development
- Director of Customer Acquisition
- Director of Customer Experience
- Accounts Payable, IT, HR, Payroll, Real Estate
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You :
- Education : 4-year college degree preferred
- Experience : Minimum two years of relevant job experience, preferably as an office manager, front-office coordinator, or finance administrator with supervisory experience. Prior P&L responsibility desirable.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion may find appropriate and acceptable.
Key Competencies :
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proactive, solution-oriented, self-starter
- Sound judgment and the ability to make rational decisions in the best interest of the team
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and difficult situations
- High degree of organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, handle frequent interruptions and maintain a high level of productivity Accuracy and careful attention to detail required
- Excellent computer skills and strong proficiency with MS Office suite of software
- Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly
- Demonstrated record of punctuality and attendance
- Experience and/or demonstrated skill set in supply management, communications, tracking budget expenses, delegation, staffing, process design, supervision, standards development, process improvement, inventory control and reporting skills.
- Demonstrable intermediate- to-advanced level proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of financial analysis and statements
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required :
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
American Tire Distributors - 22 months ago
Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide...