Provides clerical and administrative support with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs administrative and secretarial assignments with minimal direction.
- Track teachers attendance
- Assist new hires with paperwork
- Spanish translation, as needed
- Manage the Child Nutrition Program according to regulations and school policy
- Document student attendance inPowerSchool
- Assist parents and students with questions
- Prepares Excel spreadsheets as needed
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, meeting rooms and required equipment for meetings.
- Creates and maintains filing systems.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, as needed; answers questions, resolves issues, takes messages, forwards calls to the appropriate party.
- School level admin asst may be assigned processing personnel forms, serve as key operator on postage meter, copiers, or other office equipment, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and public agencies in support of the attendance program
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); AAS degree preferred. Minimum 4 years as Administrative Assistant to Department Heads/Executives in a similar position.
Ability to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions in written or oral form. Ability to set priorities. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, students, and parents.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook). Ability to use basic office equipment. The ability to learn and use other software as necessary.
Criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in theUnited Statesand provide work authorization.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment requires close proximity to other employees, frequent interruptions, extended periods of time viewing a computer screen, and noise levels from moderate to high. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education, Inc. retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
Uplift currently operates five campuses across the metroplex: Hampton Preparatory, North Hills Preparatory, Peak Preparatory, Summit...