The Office Manager is responsible for performing the overall accounting functions. The Office Manager will be responsible for answering questions regarding billing, insurance claims, payroll and advertising promotions. The Office Manager acts as back up for the Patient Care Coordinators and may greet customers, answer the phones, schedule appointments, complete administrative processing and recordkeeping. The position supports the mission of the clinic by demonstrating excellent customer care and incorporating sound financial management.
This position includes supervisory responsibilities for the Patient Care Coordinators.
- Maintains accounts receivables and/or accounts payable.
- Provides regular financial reports to the owner.
- Processes and files insurance claims, including submitting appropriate information to the insurance carriers, and requests third party prior authorization as needed.
- Manages the payroll process.
- Assists patients with insurance related problems, questions, or concerns.
- Responsible for designing and implementing collections practices.
- Posts charges, returns, and exchanges in the accounting system.
- Completes bank deposits.
- Works with insurance, or other agencies to facilitate authorizations and benefit verification.
- Generates customer bills after receiving Explanation of Benefits information from the insurance carriers.
- Re-issues bills if account is 30 days overdue.
- Contacts customers who have accounts that are 60 days overdue, and may initiate collections procedure.
- Maintains petty cash fund.
- Retrieves phones messages and prioritizes return phone calls.
- Answers Medicare, private insurance, and other insurance questions for customers.
- Handles written correspondence for the owner as requested.
- Completes all insurance filing.
- Opens and sorts incoming mail.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports as directed.
- Exercises confidentiality to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must be high school graduate. Prefer an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse
customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to input and track sales revenues and balance accounts daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines.
- Requires the ability to deal with numerous interruptions.
- Must deal with customers in a caring and respectful manner.
- Must be detailed oriented.
Audigy Group - 2 years ago