This position is responsible for performing a variety of functions which involve the activities of office personnel. This position supervises the activities of office personnel as well as analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as preparation of payrolls, flow of correspondence, filing requisition of supplies, and other clerical services as required. Assignments are routine in nature and are carried out in accordance with general work instructions established office practices, procedures, and precedents. Work is performed under general direction and training of the Port Manager (Customer), Facility Managers, and Human Resource Manager.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Participate in company, team, and safety meetings.
- Acts as liaison between facility and corporate MIS and Accounting departments.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail; collects and distributes paperwork, marks, tabulates, and files records, and transactions.
- Compile and record production data to prepare records and reports on all aspects of production as requested.
- Compiles data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered.
- Insure month end billing is completed in a timely, accurate manner. Insures that production data is pulled from VIPS for customer invoicing and submits to the Operations Manager for accuracy verification and approval.
- Perform routing calculations, posting (department codes), and verification to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accurate accounts payable records and authorization of payments.
- Assist Human Resource Manager in various projects.
- Maintain office supply inventory and order as needed. Also ensure facility does not run out of printed forms (verify for any modifications prior to reprinting).
- Maintain all office equipment and control service costs.
- Approve and account for overtime, vacation, and time away from work for office personnel.
- Assist and develop office procedures and policies concerning new accounts and review current accounts procedures and policies. Follow and seek to streamline the process review, procedures, and accounting process as documented.
- Maintains and updates filing systems.
- Oversees the release of vehicles.
- Backs up payroll, and responsible for assuring accurate payroll information.
- Ensure new associates go through orientation.
- Maintain records on all associate uniforms.
- Coordinate team and/or company functions.
- Clarifies questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures on all accounts payable items.
- Adhere to all company policies as documented in the company policy binder.
- Demonstrate willingness to be a team player and consider the company’s best interest in all work-related decisions.
- Maintain good working relationships with all associates, management, and customers.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ensures olds dates, mis-ship, holds, releases are taken care of.
- Reports, daily, weekly, monthly for all customers in on time.
- All Errors are being taken care of Chrysler, Ford, GM, Ford AAPS rejections/Sent, Vtemps.
- Schedules for the Union/Office
- Trains all went out on time
- Office Payroll, Temps hours, temp report.
- Work orders, inbounds, ground inbound, pull and release tracks, put trains in.
- Gate releases
- Any Duties as assigned
- A behavior ad conduct that maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Good and regular attendance
- Ability to work in a variety of situations
- Positive demeanor
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills with MS Office. Internal and customer computer applications a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Overall knowledge of the facility organization, including departmental organization a plus.
- Skilled in the proper use of English, including proper spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge and general ability to apply accounting practices, principals, and procedures, including an ability to perform routine business mathematics, reconciling accounts payable, and maintaining accounts receivable.
- Ability to perform a variety of functions requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with customers, associates, and general public.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Must be skilled at interacting with other members of management or outside representatives.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess good planning, analysis, and organizing skills.
- Education equivalent to the completion of high school.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in administrative and accounting applications.
- Any combination of acceptable training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the principles and practices of supervising clerical persons is desired.