Summary: The Office Manager is responsible for the administrative, financial and human resources functions for the plant. The successful candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple projects and meet various deadlines in a busy office environment. The Office Manager will participate as a business partner giving guidance and direction to the plant management team with relation to accounting, finance and human resources.
Requirements (Qualifications & Skills):
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Education: Two year associate degree or equivalent.
- Experience Necessary: Minimum five years general office and accounting experience. Familiar with applicable employment laws. Must possess or acquire extensive knowledge of Bodycote policies, practices and procedures. Proficient in ERP and databases systems.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing in the predominate language of the country. English language skills are preferred. Bilingual skills are also an asset.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Work Environment: General office environment, with infrequent exposure to an industrial environment where heat, cold, noise, dust humidity, etc may be present.
- Must possess supervisory skills and be able to effectively direct and prioritize the work of others.
- Must have working knowledge by a combination of experience and training of general accounting, administrative, and human resources procedures and computer accounting applications.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. Experience with ERP systems required.
- Must be self-motivated, work with minimal supervision and handle confidential information with utmost discretion.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedure with the ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Must possess time management skills.
- Although directly reporting to General/Works Manager, must be comfortable functioning in a matrix organization with strong dotted line reporting to finance and HR.
- Ability to function as an effective team member through good communication and cooperation to meet plant goals.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; Must have excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize work flow.
- Responsible for accounts payable and receivable – ensures timely and accurate processing.
- In conjunction with GM/WM, Finance, and Sales; manages plant DSO metric.
- Supervises front office staff as appropriate. Responsible for timely and accurate support of all regional initiatives, information requests and back-up assistance as related to all centralized administrative functions - A/P, A/R, collections, etc.
- Responsible for timely and accurate support of all local initiatives of an administrative nature - training and development records, tasks identified by the local quality system, various monthly reports etc.
- Responsible for daily and accurate invoicing of shipped product and submission of supporting data to Corporate.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of payroll including compiling, checking and transmitting to Corporate, as well as all related recordkeeping.
- Responsible for all in house human resources duties; new hires, terminations, insurance, worker's comp, associate inquiries, etc. Ensures that appropriate documentation is forward to either HR or Payroll
- Answer telephones, process mail, leads day to day mangment of the office.
- Promotes and practices safety and good housekeeping.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
Monster - 18 months ago