Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East. Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
This position is for the Ft. Lauderdale Office.
· Understand and perform, when applicable, all computer functions relating to office procedures, charges, diagnosis, codes and insurances, including HMOs/PPOs and scheduling.
· Reviews all deposits and edits journals for completeness prior to depositing.
· Monitors billing data input and reviews for accuracy with regards to medical necessity, rejected claims, etc.
· Monitors budget compliance related to assigned practice.
· Evaluate individual work performance/attendance.
This is a Full Time position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
Experience & Skills
· Minimum of 3 years experience in medical office setting.
· Previous supervisory/office manager experience.
· Knowledge of computer systems, billing procedures and all insurances as well as all governmental regulations is necessary