1. Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives
regarding Physician Billing computer system and patient satisfaction survey.
2. Maintain high level of competence on Physician Billing computer system.
3. Takes active role in facilitation team approach to functions within the department:
4. Open and close office as required.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for improvement to the attention of team members and supervisor for consideration.
5. Assists in filing charts and retrieving charts in preparation for next day.
6. Assists in filing lab reports, etc.
7. Cleans and autoclaves contaminated instruments and other supplies.
8. Keeps exam rooms supplied and in order.
9. Orders medical supplies in a timely fashion.
10.Disposes of Bio-Hazardous waste and regular waste.
11. Checks patient's height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature.
12. Ascertains patient's chief complains and describes same in chart accurately and succinctly.
13. Records drug allergies and present medications.
14. Prepares patient and or equipment for provider prior to his/her entering room.
15. Performs electrocardiograms, phlebotomies, nebulizers, immunizations and injections.
16. Prepares sterile fields with instruments, sutures for minor surgery.
17. Prepares room for gynecological exams with appropriate supplies.
18. Measures length, head circumference and weighs infants prior to well baby check ups.
19. Answer telephone within three rings, prioritize calls and coordinate service with the
20. Assists with patient education re: diet, medications, etc.
21. Works with physician, nurse practitioner, and/or physician assistant as directed.
22. Assists in capturing accurate patient demographic information.
23. Utilize computer system to schedule appointments and track referrals.
24. Accurately completes charge slip to include nurse related charges and diagnosis.
25. Actively participates in all quality improvement programs.
26. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the
proper release of information.
27. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and
environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
28. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in
interactions with all customers (internal and external).
29. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical
Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
30. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient
use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
31. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
32. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and
development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
1. Assists "front staff" as needed.
2. Attends educational training and inservices as required.
3. Other related duties as assigned.
Graduate of Medical Assistant program or two years similar experience.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years office experience in a similar setting. Current CPR required.
Days, evenings and weekends, as required
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours at a time). Continually uses fingers for patient care, writing and handling patient charts. Routinely uses upper extremities; occasionally lift items up to 25 pounds. Occasionally push cart with supplies up to 30 pounds. Occasionally push wheelchair with patient weighing up to 325 pounds.
Stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level regularly. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and taking blood pressure readings. General vision, near vision, peripheral are all required.
St. Luke's Physician Group
St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network - 10 months ago
Colonnades Family Medicine
- 3 days ago
Colonial Park, PA
- 5 hours ago
Excela Health Corporate Services
- 1 day ago