Reporting to the Manager of Facilities, the Office Services Aide will be responsible for the timely response to office services needs and daily office services functions of mail, delivery, moving, maintenance, cleaning, storage, recycling, vending and pantry throughout New York Public Radio facilities.
- Incoming/Outgoing Mail receipt, sorting and delivery-USPS, Express & Messenger
- Package tracking – Certified, Express, Messenger
- Pick-up/Deliver items outside of WNYC Radio’s office when necessary
- Supplies – maintain adequate levels and store in orderly manner for mailroom, pantry, copy rooms, janitorial, maintenance, etc., prepare requisitions for orders, obtain requisition approvals as required.
- Janitorial and Maintenance - respond to, complete and close out various requests, which include but are not limited to: cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, carpet/floor/upholstery stains, garbage/recycling removal, furniture assembly and disassembly, picture/whiteboard/tackboard hanging, equipment repair and/or troubleshooting, painting, spackling, sanding, light bulb replacement, etc.
- Furniture and equipment moves and relocations as/when required
- Inspect and report daily on various building systems: HVAC, Electrical, Copiers, Pantry equipment, Mail Meter, Generator, etc.
- Escort and supervise vendors and contractors when required, report all findings and outcomes to Manager or Director of Facilities in a timely manner, sign and date work tickets
- Administrative – Maintain filing systems, databases, departmental spreadsheets and forms, maintain requisitions, delivery/work order receipts and process invoices. Update or create forms and procedures when required.
- Cover Reception Desk during Receptionist breaks, vacations and sick days when required
- Assist staff with various requests as needed
- Additional assignments as directed
- Minimum 1-3 years related experience required
- Customer service focused with strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects is required
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to: ability to lift equipment, furniture items, packages (up to 50lbs.); climb a ladder, bend, reach, push, pull, stand, sit, walk
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred
- Certificate from technical school or equivalent work experience preferred
- Shipping/receiving experience preferred
- Experience assembling office furniture preferred
All positions at NYPR require:
- The intellectual and emotional depth, maturity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills to work effectively with the senior leadership team, colleagues, staff and external partners and provide motivation at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds
- Use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods including but not limited to; email, internet based applications for internal and external communications
- Affinity for New York Public Radio; WNYC and/or WQXR content and mission a plus
- Compliance with WNYC/WQXR policies and guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
New York Public Radio - 17 months ago