This position will report to the Office Specialist, Senior in the Graduate International Visa Area (GIVA) and will work to support all activities and responsibilities of this area. If time permits, the position may also learn to perform certain basic responsibilities of the Student Academic Specialist position working admissions files. The incumbent will provide high quality customer service and be the first point of contact for all GIVA related inquiries. The position requires the incumbent to work as a team player as well as independently. This is a part-time position with benefits.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and dependents; access to campus and recreational activities; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Provide both general and detailed information in response to email, voice mail, and in-person inquiries referred to the GIVA unit and be able to refer more technical inquiries to the appropriate staff person when needed.
- Assist in the processing of international financial guarantees by preparing all needed financial documents and matching submissions to UAccess and internal files.
- Assist in implementing GIVA related policies and procedures including updating web information and all annual forms used by academic units.
- Assist in accurately preparing files for data entry into the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) which is the federal government's web-accessible database for monitoring information about exchange visitors, international students and scholars.
- Assist in daily entry of financial data into the UAccess, FSA, and new visa database system Sunapsis.
- Manage a daily data link report to ensure accurate submissions of information between UAccess, FSA, Sunapsis, and the International Student Programs and Services (ISPS) office.
- Work with the ISPS office on an as needed basis.
- Learn to complete basic admissions processes for recommended graduate applicants including review and evaluation of incoming graduate applications and calculation of official Grade Point Averages.
- Communicate with applicants and departments regarding application status and determine comparability of degrees and official nature of documents.
- Help prepare certificate of admission packets for all new international admits and notify students and departments their documents are completed/ready for express mailing.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Three years of office/clerical experience which includes one year in a directly related function; OR, a Certificate in Secretarial Science AND two years of secretarial/clerical experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- One year of experience with UA student information system (UAccess).
- Familiarity with UA graduate admissions policies.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is non-security sensitive and requires a name-based criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Clerical and Office
Temporary and Part-time
University of Arizona - 12 months ago