o University of Oregon Housin invites applications for a full-time Front Desk Services Coordinator (Office Specialist 2).
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, and sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... an associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
* Excellent keyboarding skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and information systems and other databases.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Experience with lead work, including training and directing other workers.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy of information in both written and oral forms.
* Ability to work under pressure and with students and others in a professional manner.
* Relevant work experience in higher education.
* Experience with Banner Student Information system.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position oversees the services in the front desk area for Residence Life and student learning outcomes. Duties include:
... provides administrative support to the Assistant Director for Resident Services and Systems and Petition Review Committee; word processing a wide range of documents; coordinating and processing requests for address verifications, change of address, rental verifications, and meal plan changes; documenting and updating student records online; coordinating document flow in the development of instructional materials; creating and updating Resident Services and Systems manuals, including writing, editing, proofing, and completing final drafts; overseeing student staff with the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail and packages from Postal Service, campus mail services, and others.
... staffing and overseeing day-to-day functions and operations of the front desk services, including opening and closing of the office, arranging student staff coverage, e-mail and phone communication for residence and family housing; updating with Front Desk staff regarding schedules and other issues; hiring and training 4-6 student staff.
... providing oversight of the student staff who serves as the primary point of contact for customers; providing support to student staff with questions, and referrals for students, families, faculty, staff, visitors and others conducting business with the department; communicating housing policies for Residence Halls and Family Housing, and procedures with customers in person, email, and phone; operating cash register for receiving cash and credit card payments; assisting with and maintaining follow-up communication, in various forms.
To assist us in making the selection for the Office Specialist 2 in the School of Music, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe your experience and training related to each item. Make sure your experience and training described in your responses are included in your application.
1. Describe your experience providing administrative support, including writing, editing, and completing final drafts of correspondence, manuals, and other documents; maintaining and updating files and records; creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases and creating reports; and coordinating document flow of administrative projects.
2. This position hires, orients, trains, schedules, and assigns work to student employees who provide reception services. Describe your experience with supervision or lead work that prepares you to assume these responsibilities.
3. This position oversees front desk operations. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to perform and train and lead others in performing, reception duties in a high volume setting. Please give examples that demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures and assist customers who may be upset or frustrated.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
University of Oregon - 15 months ago