Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
The mission of the Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is to promote community safety, community restoration, and reduce the risk of re-offense.
The Adult Corrections Facility (ACF), located in Plymouth, is a confinement center for adult offenders committed by the courts to serve a maximum sentence of one year. The DOCCR is seeking candidates to fill two part-time and one full-time benefit earning Office Specialist III positiona in the Admissions and Records Unit of the ACF, located about 13 miles west of downtown Minneapolis in Plymouth, MN. The ACF is a medium-security correctional facility for adult male and female offenders. Days and hours vary, may include every other weekend and some holidays.Typical shifts are 7AM-3PM, 8AM-4PM, 1PM-9PM and 3PM-11PM.
The list created by this announcement may be used to fill future full time, part time, and limited duration positions.
The primary duties and responsibilities of these positions include:
- Provide administrative/clerical support in the Admissions and Records Unit by using various computer databases such as the Offender Management System (OMS), Minnesota Corrections Inmate System (MNCIS), CSTS, Cobra Banker (financial software), and Microsoft products Outlook 10, Excel, and Word.
- Enter into the OMS database information received from the courts and retrieved from MNCIS.
- Calculate sentences accurately and verify sentence conditions issued by the court.
- Interview offenders during the booking process and enter their data into OMS.
- Respond to requests for assistance and information from the public, courts, attorneys, probation offices, and law enforcement agencies.
- Contact various warrant offices for detainer information.
- Provide accurate documentation to issue detainers and warrants.
- Recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- One of the following:
- Two or more years of full-time office clerical experience (or part-time experience to equal two years or more of full-time experience).
- Two or more years of related post high school education.
- An approved equivalent combination of related education and experience to equal at least two years.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills.
- Experience with computer systems (APEX, Microsoft Outlook 10, Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, MNCIS, OMS, Cobra Banker).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to:
- Handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously by setting priorities and meeting deadlines; excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Function well in unpredictable and challenging situations calling for sensitivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and independent judgment.
- Work flexible hours (shifts are 8hrs and are between 7am-11pm, every other weekend, rotating holidays).
- Ensure effective and efficient processing of accounts receivable functions.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to conduct oneself professionally and handle sensitive/difficult issues in a tactful manner, particularly issues of a confidential nature.
- Ability to work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience. Job offer will be contingent on passing an employment history/reference check, criminal background check including fingerprinting prior to employment.