This position supports the day to day operations of the state motorcycle safety education program. This position works closely with CSI faculty, staff, and students. Under minimal direct supervision, the office specialist performs a wide variety of office support functions using independent judgment in applying existing policies and procedures to complete assignments.
Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (in order of importance/time)
- This is a customer service position. "Customers" includes our corps of over 60 Instructors, students and potential students, rider groups and clubs, as well as other public and private agencies and organizations all over the state. What do you find enjoyable about customer service? What do you find most challenging?
- What about the STAR Program appeals to you enough to want to work here full-time?
Working independently to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, performs the following duties in a timely and efficient manner:
Primary phones & front desk
Process course paperwork
Course statistics/data entry
Registrations & welcome letters
Special class registration tracking
Retest Scheduling/Confirmation calls
Enter retests/process completion cards
Assist in planning of meetings and events
Office supplies/forms stocking
Office organization & filing
Prepare mailings as needed, including site supplies
Receive and disburse incoming mail
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- In addition to skills normally acquired through completion of a high school education or equivalency, must possess specialized secretarial knowledge and training which may be obtained through vocational secretarial training or equivalent working experience.
- Organization skills to work within prioritized needs
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public relations skills to meet people courteously and to work with all ages and socioeconomic groups
- A strong service orientation or desire to meet people’s needs, handle challenging situations and provide customer service and promote teamwork within the department, the College and community
- Good judgment and professionalism in dealing with pressures and meeting deadlines
- Ability to listen, take directions, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to attend to detail and follow directions with thoroughness and accuracy
- Self motivation to take assignments and carry them through from initial stages to completion
- Demonstrated ability in business communications, including proper business English usage, composition, punctuation, and spelling
- Proficiency in appropriate computer software including Microsoft Office, email, telephone skills, and other related office systems
- Experience using basic math skills
- Some knowledge of supervision
- Flexibility and a willingness to attend and receive additional training to improve skills
- Has respect for the opinions of others and behaves in such a way as to ensure an atmosphere of respect and trust
Physical Requirements include lifting/carrying up to 50 Pounds.