PURPOSE : Responsible for answering inquiries, obtaining information and a variety of office duties in a fast paced clinical front office setting. This position provides support to clinical and medical staff working with mental health and addictions clients integrated medical health patients of all ages in person and on the phone. Typically handles the more complex administrative functions at a site.
POSITION SPECIFIC : Schedule is Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00am to 7:00pm; Tuesdays and Thursday from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred, but not required.
CLOSING DATE : Friday, April 19, 2013
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs reception duties, answering phones (on multi-line phone system). Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- May include use of medical providers practice management system.
- Responsible for following medical and/or partner organization’s operational and privacy policies.
- Performs medical patient triaging
- Works closely with integrated health medical providers.
- Act as resource to staff and clients.
- Responsible for insurance verifications, set client fees, balance payment agreements and administrative intakes.
- Update and maintain records in proprietary software.
- Manage office paperwork and flow.
- Serve as back-up for other administrative positions as needed.
- Does data entry, references information on the computer, schedules, runs basic reports as needed.
- Scanning, copying and faxing as needed.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Hear and process complaints from customers and public.
- Schedule appointments, and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Unload and sort courier items and/or office supplies as needed.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and team work.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department’s call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience/formal education preferably in a clinical setting.
- Prior experience working as a receptionist preferably in a mental health setting medical office setting.
- Prior experience using medical terminology is preferred.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel, 10-key, telephone skills and electronic record systems. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling and billing.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW - 17 months ago