Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
We are looking for an Office Support Specialist in our Long Term Care group.
- Performs a variety of complex clerical support duties within a functional group or team. Tasks may include one of more of the following:
- Filing: Maintains classified or indexed records arranged in an established system. May participate in developing new filing methods/systems. Inserts, removes and notes disposition of materials. May search and investigate information contained in files. May insert additional data, prepare routine reports, and provide written information on request.
- Clerk: Performs functions such as photocopying, compiling records, filing, tabulating, posting information and distributing mail. Maintains records, forms, verifies information and resolves more complex problems. May assist in the purchase of office supplies and facility security functions (keys, badges, etc.). May answer and/or screen incoming calls.
- Printing: Completes assignments of higher technical complexity ranging from single and multicolor forms, promotional materials, bulletins, manuals and other printed material including documents requiring merge of covers, text, indexes and related items. Performs necessary equipment set-up and preparatory work. Operates bindery equipment such as folder, cutter, perforator, punches, collator, drill, stapler, padder, etc.
- Document Assembly: Assembles, packages and/or distributes complex policy forms, endorsements, marketing and promotional materials, special forms and output reports to customers (field personnel, agents, insureds, etc.). Performs quality control on products, identifies rejects and returns to appropriate initiating offices, recording rejected materials.
- Imaging-Scanning: For more complex customer accounts, scans documents of all types, performing quality control and assuring legibility of all images. Applies automated and/or manual index values at time of scanning. May learn to index scanned and faxed documents for specified customers. Determines priority of work based on customer service level agreements. Performs equipment set-up and maintenance. As needed, may prepare documents for scanning. May prepare documents for offsite storage.
- Mailing: Prepares incoming mail for distribution and processes outgoing mail and packages. Operates mailroom equipment including postage machine, sorter, inserter, etc. Maintains knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of the various mail and package systems/vendors throughout the nation. Will make daily trips to and from the Post Office.
- Data Entry: Inputs lists, records or other data point into an electronic format. Audits records/input for quality, accuracy and maintainability.
- Supply: Orders, receives, stores and issues supplies (stationary, office supplies, marketing materials, etc.). Maintains established inventory levels by checking shelves and prepares purchase orders or notifies supervisor at established reorder points. Stocks deliveries and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders (quality and quantity).
- Word Processing: Prepares complex documents from various sources of written or dictated input which may include page layouts and charts. Enters corrections, revisions and proofreads output for accuracy and completeness.
- Complies with appropriate company and/or regulatory guidelines (i.e. handling of checks, titles, other negotiable items, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of departmental operations, policies and procedures and utilizes general understanding or the business and organization.
- May provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of related experience, insurance industry experience preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel preferred
Great American Insurance Group - 17 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...