Officer, Home Builder Finance
1 st Financial Funding & Investment
Location: East Coast (Remote/Home Based)
The officer will be part of a small, newly-formed group within a bank. The officer’s focus will be on loan originations and underwriting. The group provides rapid, lot-by-lot construction financing to east coast merchant home builders. A successful officer will handle a high volume loan book efficiently and consistently, always meeting tight cost and time targets without sacrificing work quality. Knowledge of and experience with single family residential construction is required. Existing builder relationships are not required but would give the candidate preference.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Originate loans by building and maintaining clientele.
- Assemble and review credit information pertaining to markets, borrowers, and properties.
- Manage third-party vendors.
- Make property inspections.
- Prepare loan memoranda.
- Assist with loan closings.
- Oversee the fulfillment of draw requests.
- Perform periodic research on industry performance and market-specific performance.
- Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert at evaluating and underwriting all stages of single family residential collateral from entitled land through completed home.
We provide market competitive compensation and bonus potential and a comprehensive benefits program, including affordable medical/dental/vision insurance, generous paid leave program, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, financial childcare assistance and much more!
- Language/Reasoning/Mathematical or other specific skills:
- Able to work independently, accurately, and efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent worker with solid intuition and backbone; able to recognize and address all types of problems
- Have endurance, handle repetitive aspects of job without loss of focus
- Highly organized
- High attention to detail
Application Process: Complete the online application