Responsibilities: Primary Purpose:
Conduct activities involved in the efficient operations of transload and delivery service.
Transload hazardous materials from rail to truck and deliver to customer tank locations per daily requirements. Operate and maintain company equipment. Operate and maintain safe offsite work location. Full compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Follow onsite and company policy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate daily activities with onsite manger.
• Inspect and check equipment and facility to ensure that all equipment is in good operating condition.
• Monitor railcar inventory and coordinate railcar unloading schedule
• Setup transloading stations, railcars and perform product transfer from rail to truck
• Make delivery to various customer onsite locations
• Breakdown and secure railcars and Univar equipment
• Perform minor and routine maintenance on Univar equipment
• Maintain travel and vehicle maintenance log
• Clean and maintain all equipment
• Obtains samples and perform quality control lab tests as necessary
• Perform all duties as required to make safe and proper deliveries
• Serve on company in-plant and off site emergency response team
• Occasionally travel to home station for training or safety meetings
• Ensure daily safe operating requirements are met
• Recommend new methods and procedures for transload operation.
Qualifications: Specialized Knowledge/Skills:
• Acquire and maintain all required driver and other licenses, including Class “A” commercial drivers license (CDL) with all required endorsements
• Ability to use and maintain respiratory protection equipment
• Must be able to work under company policies where experience and independent judgment are needed
• Must be able to work with and motivate others
• Ability to learn proper methods for handling hazardous materials
• Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Self starter, ability to work independently with little supervision.
Ability to read, write, count, understands and speaks English
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
• Physical ability to lift and carry at least 100 lb. net for short distances
• Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
• Test negative on the company’s drug tests
• Exposure to fumes, dirt, noise and hazardous chemicals on a daily basis. May require safety equipment and/or precautions
To Apply: Please email resume to: email@example.com
Univar - 10 months ago
Univar USA has an unvarying devotion to distributing chemicals across the US. The company, a regional unit of global chemical wholesaler...