The position is responsible and accountable for achieving sales quota through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and closing on targeted account customers consisting of Health Care Professional (Endocrinologists, CDE’s), key diabetes institutions and managed care organizations.
The Territory Manager is accountable for consistently achieving sales objectives and ensuring these sales are profitable and within the guidelines of Edgepark Medical defined sales and marketing practices. The position is responsible for the development, management and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation to achieve sales and market share growth. The Territory Manager will expand business and brand loyalty within strategic accounts consisting of private practice, large diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions, and other major medical centers. He/she will call on customers to raise their level of awareness and increase the demand of the Edgepark Medical product lines within their defined geographic territory. This position will bear the responsibility of correlating any professional contact needed within the above mentioned accounts with the operational, quality or customer service teams of Edgepark Medical Supplies.
1. Meets/exceeds sales objective as well as market share within assigned geographic area.
2. Can work effectively and productively within the Edgepark Diabetes sales team as well as home office team environment.
3. Possesses a sound working knowledge of the managed care and reimbursement process.
4. Develops and maintains superior relationships with key diabetes decision makers, manufacturers, and all industry influencers. Effective in implementing customer loyalty initiatives.
5. Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and expertise in discussing and demonstrating all Edgepark products, as well as all related diabetes products including competitive products.
6. Consistently exhibits proficiency in demonstrating and training on all ancillary Edgepark data management software.
7. Maintains a high profile with decision-makers of the assigned strategic accounts.
8. Maintains an active role with Managed Markets, which includes a sound working knowledge of managed care organizations as well as key decision-makers.
9. Facilitates and conducts all required customer training programs.
10. Maintains a high profile with the professional diabetes organizations in the assigned geographical area.
11. Routinely contacts and manages sales promotions related to the assigned territory.
12. Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion and works within the specified budget.
13. Consistently executes all field sales activities with a high degree of professionalism in accordance with established promotional guidelines.
Experience/Skills: Medical industry sales experience as well as strong clinical & diabetes training experience required. At least three years in a similar role with a diabetes products company is preferred.
- Education Requirements: Minimum of three successful years in medical sales. At least 50% of which in the medical specialty of diabetes.
- BS/BA or equivalent healthcare registry
Team-player with experience in dealing directly with Health Care Professionals and people with diabetes. Successful sales track record, excellent communication skills, ability to execute sales and marketing plan, ability to manage territory budget, ability to function in a fast-paced start-up environment. Computer proficiency.
- Preferred Internal Candidate Identified*