Primary responsibility is to work with a team of engineers, engineering technicians, and field operations personnel to improve the operational efficiency and safety of SM’s capital and daily operations. The successful candidate will demonstrate creativity, motivation, and teamwork necessary to challenge and improve current stimulation techniques, artificial lift designs, and field operation practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide day to day engineering and technical support for surface and production operations related projects
2) Monitors production and well operations for area of responsibility.
3) Identifies workover and recompletion potential in existing wells.
4) Develop solutions for production optimization in production facilities, artificial lift equipment and compression.
5) Work within and support a multi-disciplined team, providing performance analysis, cost estimates, and other requested studies in a timely basis, often under a dynamic fast paced environment, frequently under pressure, and must be capable of handling multiple tasks.
6) Viewed as a technical specialist and/or leader in one or more disciplines (cementing, perforating, acid stimulation, hydraulic fracturing, water conformance, formation damage mitigation, horizontal wellbores)
7) Working knowledge of various well geometry technologies such as horizontal well bores, zone isolation methods, open hole operations, etc.
8) Be capable of performing nodal analysis solutions to existing wellbores/completions.
9) Responsible for designing and monitoring well tests, and supporting pressure transient testing efforts.
10) Develop good relations with and effectively manage equipment contractors and suppliers Conducts bid process for required materials, equipment and services and recommends providers of each.
11) Arranges for and supervises third party services as necessary. Provides on-site supervision for critical operations.
12) Lead small engineering projects from conceptual design to installation and operation
13) Provide assistance to other engineers on such matters as 'peer' technical review, mentoring and knowledge transfer
14) Identifies hazards, best practices, evaluates state of the art equipment and practices, and incorporates sound engineering practices for the design and construction of all new facilities.
15) Conducts all operations in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations of the regulatory agencies.
16) Participate in Process Hazards Analysis, Hazard Identification, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, etc
17) Engineering support for exploration and new development opportunities within the region
18) Support Business Development and Reservoir engineering in the preparation of scoping cost estimates for acquisitions and the budget and planning processes.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Selection Criteria:
1) Petroleum, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering degree with 20+ years oil & gas engineering experience.
2) Strong Environment, Health and Safety focus and commitment
3) Solid experience and expertise with oil production diagnostics, design and optimization, including well stimulation, artificial lift (submersible and surface) and wellbore construction management. Must have an ability to understand and integrate geological, reservoir, and production analysis into completion programs
4) Mid-continent, Permian and South Texas experience preferred.
5) Experience with WellView and other commonly used industry software and Microsoft Office applications.
6) Ability to troubleshoot routine mechanical systems and components
7) Understanding of applicable industry codes
8) Experience in Hazard Identification, Mechanical Integrity, Management of Change and Process Safety Management
9) Ability to communicate effectively and deal with internal groups, external suppliers, and vendors.
10) Driven, detailed, & goal oriented individual with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
11) Physical demands: field travel to well locations, oversight and engineering support with field activities.
SM Energy - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
SM Energy is in the business of exploring North America to find the next big sources of energy, but we’re just as serious about...