OmniPlus SW System Engineer (Job Number: 400779)
Description: POSITION OVERVIEW
The OmniPlus SW System Engineer provides expertise in supporting the Omni Suite software solutions and defined contribution plans. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level specialist. Evaluates current state, recognizes system limitations, and make recommendations for future enhancements. Performs and supports full system life-cycle development. This position focuses on solutions development and includes custom development and system integration. It also involves researching potential OmniPlus core code issues, root cause analysis, installation of quick fixes supplied by the vendor, coding of user exits, etc. In addition, knowledge of service pack, tax release and full release deployment is required. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Design, develop and implement systems that adhere to Year-end tax reporting policies, rules and regulations
• Support OmniPay upgrades and manage ongoing administration.
• Handle complex operational tasks and recommends processing and technology changes
• Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues within the Omni environment.
• Analyze code and identify shortcomings/omissions which may lead to output errors
• Performs Omni Plus and Plan Service GUI systems setup and design attributes
• Performs system setup, data mapping, asset posting and touchpoint testing
• Audit Contribution Plan set up for new and existing clients
• May be responsible for developing processes and procedures and other documentation as tasked
• Define, validate and document solutions that meet business needs, goals, and objectives
• Partner with business teams to scope and prioritize development efforts necessary to deliver record keeping functionality
- Functional and system knowledge of SunGard Omni Suite products, such as OmniPay, OmniSecurity, OmniCash, OmniVoice, OmniAdmin Web, EXP AG, and EXP PowerImage is a plus
• Most possess broad knowledge of data processing, system limitations and client functions
• 6 plus years of experience working with SunGard's OmniPlus recordkeeping system
• 6 plus years of experience in a mainframe environment, including knowledge and hands on experience working with JCL, VSAM, IBM utilities, etc.
• Advanced OmniScript development and scripting experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Omnitrade, AdminWeb, Omnicript and OmniPay.
• Proficiency with OmniAPI (OmniConnect)
• Experience in the financial services industry preferred
• Ability to work with the business community in high stress situations.
• Analytical ability in determining technical system issues.
• Analytical ability to provide optimum solution.
• Utilize subject matter expertise on the record-keeping services and functionality of interdependencies between ongoing development programs and projects
• Document environmental knowledge and leverage existing knowledge repositories
• Must be able establish communication and a good relationship across all stakeholders
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at once.
• Must have proven track record of effective collaboration with colleagues at all levels in an organization.
- BS Degree
• 7+ years of experience
• Must be able to pass US Government background check
SAIC Overview: SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va.. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2013, 9:24:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 13 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...