Set up assigned tables, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to Hotel specifications and group requirements, courteously and efficiently. Take beverage orders and collect payments where specified. Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Pre-function sidework.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned function:
o Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation.
o Particular characteristics/description of wines/champagne ordered.
o Prices for specified bar selections on cash bars.
o Station assignment and table set-up.
o Group name, type of function and expected attendance.
o Scheduled hours of service.
o Special requests/arrangements.
o Order of service, traffic flow in room.
o Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete pre-function sidework:
o Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from Storeroom to service area.
o Fold napkins, set linen/skirting on tables.
o Set tables according to service standards.
o Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, cream, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic).
o Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
o Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads) as assigned by the Supervisor.
o Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any inefficiency. Set up side station as assigned by Supervisor.
o Breakdown all goods as specified.
- Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at tables.
- Take guests' alcoholic beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques, when specified on function requirements.
- Record order of guest following departmental service procedures.
- Input order into system; legibly document orders when system is down or collect tickets as specified.
- Retrieve alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Make all varieties of coffee.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with function requirements.
- Clear each course following procedures.
- Remove all tabletop items, linen and equipment from the function room as designated by function requirements.
- Set up, monitor, refresh and breakdown coffee breaks, receptions and buffet tables for specified functions according to group requirements.
- Complete closing side duties:
o Clean all equipment as assigned.
o Restock items for next service.
o Properly store all reusable goods.
o Remove all dirty linen and transport to Laundry.
o Marry and stock all condiments.
o Secure storage areas.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.