At Pixar, we work side by side to turn ideas into reality. Our employees come up with original, heart-warming stories and characters; and help the studio to run efficiently and effectively, making Pixar the incredible, award-winning place that it is. Come see what we have to offer.
The Pixar Culinary Team seeks a creative and talented cook who is likewise inspired by our local, seasonal produce to create daily changing menus, from scratch, for our amazing Film Studio community.
The person in this position will also be responsible for ensuring stocking of their assigned food station and caring for kitchen equipment, utensils, appliances, and spaces as directed. This is an on-call position averaging 25-40 hours per month.
• Prepare food items, ensuring consistency and compliance with the Café’s standards, portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines
• Provide courteous and informative customer service in an “open kitchen” format, while ensuring that assigned station is stocked and clean
• Follow Café guidelines concerning guest services, food and physical safety, maintenance, and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all time
• Other duties as necessary may be assigned by the manager or supervisor to whom this position reports
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
• Able to perform a variety of cooking techniques and kitchen duties
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests
• Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills: reliable, consistent, informative and pleasant
• General knowledge of common computer software and web browsers sufficient to view and use internal company information
• Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...