Care Initiatives Hospice is looking for experienced RNs who are caring and willing to serve in the Waterloo and surrounding communities on a PRN basis. Rotation of On-Call for weekend response to patient needs and scheduled visits. For more information or to apply, contact Angie Deters, Team Director, 319-232-6148, or ADeters@CareInitiatives.org .
2yrs related experience required. Hospice experience preferred.
We are seeking compassionate individuals with flexibility in scheduling, a valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance. Drug screen required.
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
Position reports to: Team Director
- Provide clinical skilled nursing services to Care Initiatives Hospice patients.
- Manage and supervise services of licensed practical nurses.
- Manage and supervise services of hospice aides/homemakers.
- Registered nursing education.
- Current, valid Iowa registered nurse license.
- Current Iowa driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Current, valid CPR certification.
- Obtains Hospice and Palliative Registered Nurse Certification (CHPN) within 24 months of employment (required for full and part-time staff only; optional for casual employees).
- Knowledge of care of the terminally ill.
- Minimum two year recent clinical experience in medical/surgical, oncology or public health nursing.
< BACK TO AVAILABLE OPENINGS
- Demonstrated tactful, supportive and sensitive approach to patient/family/caregiver needs.
- Ability to plan, organize and utilize patient/family teaching principles regarding health care needs.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, plan and organize.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to access businesses and patient homes.
- Ability to provide lifting, turning and ambulatory assistance to patients.