HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world's most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an On Premise Manager . This incumbent will sell into and drive activity in target accounts only, focusing primarily on draught, while building and maintaining bottle distribution; ensure quality in target accounts.
In addition, incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Plan and prepare
1. Account selection: Participate in the selection of 85 assigned target accounts.
2. Strategic planning: Develop strategic plans for each assigned target account. Plan should focus on which brands and formats should be in the account and how to manage the programming associated with each brand. Key elements of each account plan are:
· Target distribution levels by brand by format (i.e., which products are targeted)
· Merchandising targets
· Quality measures
· Promotional plan (based on HUSA overall on-premise programming)
3. Distributor planning: Work through Market Manager with appropriate distributor(s) to ensure ability to execute effectively in assigned target accounts.
4. Promotion conception and design: Seize opportunities to participate in unique promotional opportunities with assigned target accounts (i.e., promotions initiated by account from which HUSA could benefit); work with regional marketing to coordinate promotion design.
1. Sell-in (focused on draught): Sell the appropriate products and programming to assigned target accounts based on the strategic plan and HUSA standards.
2. Quality: Educate assigned target accounts on appropriate quality measures to foster freshness, specifically in draught.
3. Merchandising: Ensure assigned target accounts are properly merchandised according to HUSA on-premise standards.
4. Program / promotional execution: Oversee the execution of trade programs and promotions in assigned target accounts focused on appropriate brands and segments. Programming is likely to include delivery of waitstaff training.
5. Special Events: Lead the execution of HUSA’s participation in special Events.
Measure and improve
1. Distribution: Assess distribution opportunities of focus products in assigned target accounts.
2. Programming: Assess whether programs and promotions were implemented, how effectively they were implemented and what the results were; identify issues/opportunities and adjust as appropriate.
3. Merchandising and quality: Audit assigned target accounts to ensure proper merchandising and quality; adjust as appropriate.
Budget management: Track budget versus plan; identify and address issues as appropriate. Ensure budgets are available on-line for relevant players to access.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· Technical beer industry capabilities (draught, on- / off-premise) preferred
· Retail account management experience preferred
· Exposure to retail marketing preferred
· Exposure to beverage industry preferred
· Analytical experience preferred
· Customer Management
· Creating Customer Value
· Decision Making
· Selling and Negotiation
· Key Customer Planning
· Excellence in Execution
Heineken - 4 months ago
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....