Heineken USA Incorporated is one of America’s premier beer importers and the US subsidiary of the world’s second largest brewer.
The Heineken Company is the exclusive importer of Heineken Lager Beer and Amstel Light.
Heineken USA has evolved toward a portfolio-oriented company. As of 2005, Heineken USA entered into an agreement with Femsa Cerveza unit of Mexican brewer Fomento Economico Mexican (CCM) and will head the sales, distribution and marketing of the brands Tecate, Dos Equis, Sol, Bohemia and Carta Blanca.
In 2006, Heineken USA updated a flagship brand and began to test market the first major U.S. line extension of the Heineken name in more than 125 years. In 2006, Heineken USA introduced a smooth, new luxury light brand Heineken Premium Light.
GROWTH IS THE MAIN THEME AT Heineken USA. We are about growing our business, our categories and our image of our brands. We are about growing our people in terms of their development—personally and professionally.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an On Premise Sales Representative. This incumbent will Defend and grow bottle distribution in an assigned geography in accounts that are not targets for On Premise Managers.
Plan and prepare
1. Account targeting: Work with Market Managers and distributors to identify “target bottle accounts”: on-premise accounts in which distribution needs to be defended or grown (e.g., where is has been lost or is in jeopardy of being lost).
2. Account planning: Work with Market Managers and distributors to understand what will drive distribution in the target bottle accounts; create a plan to drive distribution.
3. Promotion planning: Identify key on-premise promotions requiring support in assigned geography and develop plan (with ASM) Plan should focus on which brands and formats should be in the account and how to manage the programming associated with each brand.
Key elements of each account plan are:
• Target distribution levels by brand by format (i.e., which products are targeted)
• Merchandising targets
• Quality measures
• Promotional plan (based on HUSA overall on-premise programming)
Special events: Participate in the design of HUSA participation in special events (e.g., Coachella, U.S. Open); work with regional marketing to coordinate promotion design.
1. Sell-in: Execute plan to drive distribution in target bottle accounts.
2. Program / promotional execution: Oversee the execution of trade programs and promotions in target bottle accounts and in chain accounts. Programming is likely to include delivery of waitstaff training. Many programs will require execution in too many accounts to personally manage; in these cases, direct distributors in execution.
3. Merchandising and quality: Ensure merchandising and quality to HUSA standards in on-premise accounts not targeted by On Premise Managers. Distributor will likely need to be leveraged with spot auditing in most cases as there may be too many accounts to visit.
4. Special events: Lead the execution of HUSA’s participation in special events.
5. Support On-Premise Manager: Help to activate distribution through promotion management
6. Distributor Training: Is responsible for appropriate distributor training to execute promotions.
Measure and improve
1. Distribution: Assess bottle distribution in accounts not targeted by On Premise Managers.
2. Programming: Assess whether programs and promotions were implemented, how effectively they were implemented and what the results were; identify issues/opportunities and adjust as appropriate. Recap each promotional brand program to Market Manager and On Premise Manager.
3. Merchandising and quality: Audit assigned target accounts to ensure proper merchandising and quality; adjust as appropriate.
1. Budget management: Track budget versus plan; identify and address issues as appropriate. Ensure budgets are available on-line for relevant players to access.
• Be Brave • Decide & Do • Hunt as a Pack • Take it Personally • Customer Management • Selling & Negotiation
• Excellence in Execution
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCES:
• Bachelor’s degree
• No more than 1 to 3 yrs out of college
• Exposure to retail marketing preferred
• Exposure to beverage industry or hospitality industry preferred (ie. restaurants, bar, pubs, hotels, etc)
• Analytical experience preferred
Heineken - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....