Job Title : Oncology Program Coordinator (0.5 FTE)
Reports To : Chief Medical Officer, DFCI Global Oncology Team
Location : Boston, MA
Organizational Profile :
Partners In Health (“PIH”), headquartered in Boston, MA, is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH operates sites for clinical care, research and training in 10 countries (Haiti, Peru, Russia, Boston, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Kazakhstan, Mexico, the Dominican Republic) and has a growing network of affiliated organizations and initiatives in several other countries, including Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Liberia, Guatemala, and Togo.
This is an exciting time for PIH. The organization is taking on immense challenges while its heightened visibility has brought the opportunity to influence even greater changes on the global stage. As our work continues to increase in scope and impact, PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization to join the team.
The Oncology Program Coordinator is an integral member of the oncology team, providing support to PIH’s partner Team at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and interfacing with the PIH field-based and Boston-based teams. This individual’s primary responsibilities include general program assistance, research assistance, and administrative support.
Specific Responsibilities :
1. Work with field-based oncology teams to create new, and improve existing, patient case-management systems; manage and update patient-specific information, as needed.
2. Collaborate to produce, edit, and submit financial and donor reports.
3. Assist with procurement, development, and communications assignments.
4. Oversee submission and retrieval of pathologic specimens and results of diagnostic testing at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital pathology lab.
1. Provide research and grant-writing support for oncology programs across PIH sites.
2. Perform literature reviews; assist in preparing, writing and editing of abstracts, reports, and grant submissions.
3. Coordinate institutional review, scientific, and ethics committee application processes.
4. Provide regular updates to the team regarding research opportunities and deadlines.
1. Set up and manage international conference calls; coordinate weekly conference calls between Boston and field-based oncology teams.
2. Provide and coordinate accompaniment for partners and site visitors throughout the year.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Background in science, social science, or public health preferred.
3. Fluent in English and, ideally, proficient in French or Haitian Creole (preferred).
4. Demonstrated competence in efficient prioritization, management of a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and capacity to pay close attention to detail.
5. Strong communication, organizational, management, and writing skills.
6. Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, donors, and partners.
Partners in Health - 18 months ago