The Manager of Alumni Engagement is responsible for developing mutually beneficial relationships between The Washington Center and targeted segments of its alumni base by assisting in the planning and execution of programs that engage alumni through tangible benefits to alumni and current students. This position will create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of The Washington Center with a focus on building engagement that helps develop a strong pipeline of future advocates, donors and volunteers. He/she will build alumni participation and support through integrated online marketing campaigns, social media, and personal interaction.
Alumni Outreach and Communication
- Launch and manage new online community to engage alumni, build traffic and capture current alumni information, integrating as closely as possible with existing alumni social media channels (Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Engage the new alumni community members around a defined topic or topics by managing long-lead editorial calendars, monitoring online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Report on data/trends generated by alumni community and other social media channels. Establish and promote online alumni engagement through modifications to online alumni community platform.
- Manage social media strategy for alumni and maintain existing accounts following TWC's established social media guidelines.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns for alumni via print publications, email blasts, and social media, with a heavy emphasis on online communications.
- Ensure the alumni section of the TWC website and online calendar is up to date.
- Organize general alumni events and activities to engage a diverse community of alumni from The Washington Center. Assist the Manager of Major Gifts in the coordination of targeted alumni events, including meetings with the Alumni Advisory Board.
- Maximize efficacy and streamline events associated with both Alumni Regional Communities and Alumni Advisory Board; redefine both bodies as necessary.
- Partner with Manager, Major Gifts, Career Services and Academic Internship Program staff to identify alumni speakers for Monday programming and career services events.
Alumni Outreach Strategy and Design
- Determine with Individual Giving team and VP of Communications best course for alumni engagement activities, considering five-year goals of advancement team and organization-wide strategic plan.
- Work with Manager, Major Gifts to create annual giving programs, focused on moving prospects through major gift pipeline as appropriate.
- Support interdepartmental collaboration on projects that involve alumni as necessary.
Manage alumni database
- Record all alumni interactions in TWC's alumni database.
- Generate alumni mailing and e-blast lists for annual reports, special events and other announcements;
- Support events fundraising and management by creating segmented prospect invitation lists.
Education and Experience an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered :
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Two to four years' experience in marketing/communications or fundraising (annual giving, alumni relations, or constituency-based fundraising)
- Application Instructions: To get more information about The Washington Center, please visit our website at www.twc.edu . To apply for the position, please submit your resume and cover letter to www.twc.edu/employee-application .
idealist.org - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard