The Online Director is responsible for building an innovative web and mobile presence for Earthjustice. The Online Director takes a key role in shaping the online experience of Earthjustice's audience, identifying and implementing strategic growth opportunities, while managing day-to-day operations for all online communications.
The Online Director supervises the work of the Web Producer, Web Administrator, and Online CRM Manager in implementing this vision and works closely with staff from all parts of the organization to successfully engage with Earthjustice's online audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive strategies for all Earthjustice web and mobile communications, bringing creative and technical expertise to the online integration of program goals, public outreach and fundraising campaigns.
- Manage multiple web projects at a time, collaborating closely with partners from Program, Campaign, Development and Marketing teams.
- Evaluate and integrate emerging technologies to maintain a high level of functionality and aesthetic design for web and mobile visitors.
- Articulate goals and methods for evaluating success, and implement strategies for refining the user experience.
- Oversee maintenance and expansion of the technology infrastructures supporting online platforms.
- Manage and grow internal and external teams of web developers and designers.
- Represent Earthjustice at industry events.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. To learn more about Earthjustice, visit earthjustice.org.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 7+ years’ experience using online communications to attract and retain an audience.
- Experience managing and producing web and mobile projects in a team setting.
- Demonstrated interest in exploring new technologies and practices in communicating with diverse online audiences.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communications skills, with a strong eye for design.
- Management experience required.
- Experience with broad set of web technologies, especially Drupal and Convio platforms.
- The ability to multitask, collaborate and work effectively with others is critical.
- Experience applying technology to nonprofit organizations and advocacy, fundraising, and marketing initiatives strongly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with environmental issues and a passion for protecting the environment.
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter to email@example.com . Please include “Online Director” in the subject line.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring the best and brightest who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with nine offices across the U.S.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Earthjustice - 13 months ago