Located in Danvers, MA, HCPro, Inc., www.hcpro.com is a leading provider of integrated information systems, analysis, and work flow solutions to the U.S. healthcare industry. For more than 25 years, the company has provided healthcare GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) solutions that help healthcare organizations improve compliance, financial, and quality outcomes through easy access to regulatory standards, trusted insight and interpretation, as well as practical assessment and benchmarking tools. In addition, HCPro offers best-in-class education and implementation assistance, helping organizations to better serve their patients and communities. The Company’s leading brands include HCPro, HealthLeaders Media, and The Greeley Company.
Position Summary: The Online Editor/Reporter writes, edits, researches, and assists with the management of projects for a wide variety of publishing mediums. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing content for e-newsletters, newsletters, blogs, and websites. The editor is also responsible for strengthening market knowledge and penetration by conducting focus groups, regularly cultivating relationships with sources and customers, observing market trends and making recommendations for product development, and conducting extensive market research for all product lines.
The Online Editor Reporter reports to the Associate Editorial Director and manages or contributes to projects with direct oversight and collaboration from senior editorial staff.
Essential Job Functions:
• Write, edit, and format copy for a wide range of mediums, according to strict standards of quality, style, and voice, with a particular focus on e-newsletters, newsletters, blogs, websites.
• Reviews, incorporates, and approves edits on all written work prior to publication, including applicable group edits, peer edits, and copy edits.
• Upload relevant content to applicable Web properties through the content management system, and ensure content displays and functions correctly.
• Understand and abide by fundamentals of layout and design, including allocation of space for text, photos, and illustrations, headline writing, story placement, and copy significance.
• Adhere to strict deadlines and budget requirements for all assigned products.
• Work collaboratively with other editors in the peer editing process.
• Develop story budgets for assigned print and electronic publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
• Cultivate sources and develop relationships with existing customers to produce content that is accurate, relevant, and of high value to our readership.
• Monitor news-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, Web resources, television, wire services, and other reporters.
-Must possess excellent writing, editing, research, and communication skills, a demonstrated record of project management skills, time management skills and an independent work ethic are essential.
-Bachelor’s degree, 2-5 years of experience
-Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
HCPro is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
We are a nationally-respected consulting, training and education company known for providing practical, effective strategies and solutions...