Dirt Sports magazine is seeking an Online Editor.
Dirt Sports Magazine is growing and is seeking an Online Editor to direct the magazine’s multimedia efforts. The candidate must possess the ability to work in fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and have knowledge of industry tools along with a passion and deep understanding of both digital and social media. Knowledge of off-road motorsports is also essential along with experience in creating, assigning and editing online content. A degree in multimedia journalism or other disciplines that emphasize visual storytelling and multimedia production is desirable. This is a full-time position and is based out of Irvine, California.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, obtaining, editing, proofing and maintaining website content for all Internet sites and affiliated websites.
- Traveling to and cover events for the website in a timely manner.
- Evaluate ongoing quality and visitor response/reaction to web content.
- Work closely with marketing to enhance product branding throughout the marketplace and strengthen product positioning on the Internet.
- Assist in the design of websites to enhance content, and promote sales of products and services through web content
- Enhance multimedia elements ranging from user interface components and layout, content, icons, banners and other online graphics.
- Create, format and edit HTML and ASP documents as required by content.
- Update all aspects of website as needed; assure that all pages, links and features are properly functional.
- Coordinate web related activities with other staff.
- Confirm that page and site design and structure reflect current ranking and placement criteria of all significant search engines to enhance the presence and position of products on the web.
- Perform additional tasks and special projects as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA in English, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in commercial web content, editing, proofing
- Experience in coordinating the activities of writers, proofreaders, and other support staff
- Experience creating and maintaining E-commerce websites
- Very organized with prioritize tasks
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate and interact in a professional manner across all organizational levels
- Ability to organize and maintain data and graphics resource files
- Working knowledge of graphics software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Source Interlink - 8 months ago