About the Position
This exciting position will be a key contributor in executing the global online risk fraud and digital payments strategies. The Global Payments and Fraud team will have responsibility across Online Fraud, Customer Verification, Fraud Operations, Payment Strategy, Bank Relationships, and Payment Operations. This position requires a person who can roll up their sleeves and make things happen, has strong risk experience in eCommerce / mCommerce environments, and / or has a successful track record in the Digital Payments and/or Online Financial Services environments (web, mobile) with a focus on enabling business and maximizing returns.
Key Responsibilities Include
Key Experience Requirements
- Help to develop strong policies and strategic programs to understand the risk, mitigate loss and to support revenue growth in uShip’s digital channels and products (web, mobile)
- Support the growth and achievement of the team, be a key member of selecting and retaining high caliber, diverse talent who will be able to successfully achieve or exceed business goals.
- Manage Billing, Payments, Fraud and Customer verification products/services and key partners
- Provide management and assessment of risk processes, strategies, and controls
- Create Risk Decision models and manage on-going continuous improvement
- Create fraud loss / prevention projections
- Manage loss prevention operations and review teams
- Lead credit card and bank account fraud claims operations (functions include fraud claims processing, fraud call center operations, chargebacks, claim exceptions handling, and card presentments).
- Assess payment options and payment technologies for revenue growth and risk mitigation
- Help shape the global payment strategy and drive execution of strategy
- Manage payment partners / vendors
- Customer Focused
- Balance risk mitigation strategies while providing an exceptional customer experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience, including a minimum of 2+ years of management level experience in an eCommerce, mCommerce, Payments or Financial Services industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal and influencing skills (at all levels internally, externally and cross-functionally)
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and project management skills to meet deadline
- Experience with Customer verification strategy, products, and services
- Strong understanding of device identification and device intelligence technologies and their application, including the basics of collecting device info, to applying it in authentication, risk, and general device recognition
- Experienced in web and mobile device authentication and anti-fraud techniques
- Successful track record in measurement and analytics, and related tools and technologies
- Experience in General Applied Risk Management - enabling business via analysis, threat response, and planning
- Can think like a fraudster and identify risks, exploits, and points of attack, then find ways to block them
- Experience in digital payments, including assessing payment options and payment technologies for revenue growth and risk mitigation
- Experience with emerging payment types and local payment schemes worldwide is a very strong plus
- Strong understanding of customer needs, even at a deeper level than they understand them
- Persistent and results focused – must be able to deliver results in an environment which requires a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Extensive multi-tasking and prioritization skills – needs to excel in fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of...