Join one of the fastest growing, most successful Silicon Valley startups, AnchorFree, makers of the popular Hotspot Shield VPN. We are a fun, exciting place to work with a product that really makes a difference in people’s lives around the world. More than 100 million users on desktop and mobile devices have downloaded Hotspot Shield. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications and web browsing and protects each user’s privacy and identity online. In regions that censor the web, Hotspot Shield acts as a secure gateway to the world’s information, disrupting censorship, and democratizing the web.
AnchorFree is located in the heart of Silicon Valley - Mountain View, CA. The office contains a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, and a robust supply of free food and drinks.
The Online Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting the marketing team in acquiring users globally for Hotspot Shield through paid marketing channels. The candidate will be setting up, managing and optimizing pay-per-click campaigns on Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook and other online channels. This position requires strong analytical skills and extensive experience in search engine marketing and user acquisition. Applied knowledge of best practices in Paid Search and Display advertising is required as well as a proven track record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion perspective. Also required is an analytical mindset and relentless drive to optimize online marketing campaigns for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This role necessitates the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, covering all aspects of Display and Search advertising, including campaign management, optimization, creative testing, and analytics.
- Set up, manage and optimize PPC campaigns on Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook and other online channels.
- Set up and manage tracking on every marketing initiative to ensure ROI-positive results.
- Come up with new creative ideas (ad text, banner ads, etc.) and continuously A/B test creative assets.
- Work directly with the web design team and create new landing pages and continuously A/B test web creative to improve conversion rates.
- Monitor the performance of all marketing initiatives on a daily basis and report back to the head of user acquisition.
- Stay informed of PPC best practices and become a thought-leader in Search Engine Marketing strategy
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- At least 2 to 3 years SEM experience (Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo) with a proven history of managing profitable performance-driven campaigns, preferably working with $1MM+ budgets
- Experience in buying, optimizing, and managing media buys on other major channels such as Facebook or Google Display Network
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics, metrics and tools/platforms such as Google Analytics or others
- Exceptional Excel Skills, proficiency with Powerpoint and Word
- Outstanding analytical skills and data-driven mindset
- HTML knowledge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Understanding of success metrics and ability to measure performance accurately
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 2 YEARS OF HANDS ON SEM (SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING) EXPERIENCE.
Compensation and Benefits:
Highly competitive salary
Excellent employee stock option plan
Relocation assistance available
Free food and drinks
Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
Indeed - 10 months ago
AnchorFree enables users to browse the web on desktop and mobile devices, with privacy and security through our Hotspot...