Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The Online category Merchandising Manager plays a key role in translating merchandising strategies and overall eCommerce strategy into the online shopping experience. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Online Merchandising and Presentation, the Online Merchandiser will drive decisions that increase online conversion through online analytics, improving product presentation, navigation, cross-sells and other cross merchandising opportunities. They will focus on continuous optimization and innovation, using all available analytics as well as merchant intuition.
The person in this position will work closely with the Merchandising, Buying, Creative, Customer Experience and IT teams to enhance and merchandise the online assortment, product information, category information for PetSmart.com.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
Product and Category Management
• Manage the presentation of the online assortment, including product information, taxonomy, category information and website merchandising
• Partner cross-functionally with creative and content departments to define content strategy for product images, copy and product videos. Drives the online content strategy based on customer and competitive insights, brand strategy and e-commerce goals and initiatives
• Develop strategies to merchandise assortment for both inline and extend aisle while supporting enterprise merchandising strategies.
• Proactively recommend enhancements to site to automate management of merchandising efforts
• Work with the store and online buyers on merchandising new products, site promotions, vendor funded initiatives and brand stores
• Keep abreast of opportunities with external vendors related to online merchandising
• Review and analyze online competitor site merchandising, promotional execution and tactics, user experience, product representation and taxonomy. Report findings and provide appropriate counter-strategies when appropriate.
• Research feedback from all available resources: customer service, customer feedback reporting, product ratings and reviews, social media, store partners and utilize the information to optimize the site and improve site metrics
• Manage site to ensure merchandise assortment, product categorization and taxonomy maximizes sales and is effectively presented to the customer across all categories
• Define and maintain site navigation - creating and removing categories as needed based on merchandising and marketing strategies, merchant reporting and web analytics
• Analyze sales and web metrics to take action to improve site conversion and optimize site performance
• Partners with the Site Experience team to develop special shop concepts, page layouts, and navigation to support category directives and strategies
• Use online analytics to research opportunities to refine product copy in order to improve conversion and provide better search results in product descriptions and metadata
• Product Recommendations - define business rules to optimize cross sell recommendations for the category
• Product Ratings & Reviews - Leverage product ratings and reviews for product insight and ideas for marketing. Proactively respond to customer feedback when appropriate
• Provide weekly reporting to online team to provide insight into any updates that should be made in marketing plans
• Monitor new site features to determine if performance is effective and report to the web team
• Creates and presents seasonal ecommerce recap document for the category; analyzes user behavior, site metrics and relates findings to sales/site performance. Recommends strategies for future seasons based upon findings. Presents to leadership and core merchandising/buying partners.
• Perform all other assigned duties
KEY COMPETENCIES attributed to driving service include, but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills - must be able to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver business insights
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
• A strong understanding of merchandise hierarchy
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including intermediate capabilities with Excel and Word
• High degree of internet savvy, with a curiosity and enthusiasm for digital and media trends
• Excellent problem solving skills - able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
• Above average command of English; proficiency with a variety of writing styles
• Good design aesthetic and a strong ability to judge visual appearance, ensuring alignment with brand and enterprise standards
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, "self-starter" environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple workstreams simultaneously
• The ability to understand and explain complex issues, but also clearly identify and communicate the situation at a high level
• The ability to use and understand financial and numerical data to make decisions and influence outcomes
• Ability to synthesize data, identify trends and recommend viable solutions
• Exhibit professional initiative and entrepreneurial drive
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in Business, Merchandising, Marketing or equivalent work experience
• 6-8 years of merchandising experience
• 4+ years of experience in digital visual merchandising or eCommerce
• 4+ years of experience utilizing online analytics to optimize sales and customer experience
• 4+ years of experience in online buying
• 4+ years of experience working with an online platform (GSI, WCA, or equivalent)
• 2+ years of experience working with analytics package (Omniture, Coremetrics or equivalent)
• 2+ years of SEO knowledge preferred
Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 13 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...