Founded in 1858, St. Bonaventure is a Catholic university dedicated to educational excellence in the Franciscan tradition. Located in western New York State, the residential campus is approximately 70 miles southeast of Buffalo on the New York/Pennsylvania border.
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Online Student Success Coach
Reporting to the Executive Director for Information Technology, the part-time Student Success Coach is responsible for supporting the success of all online students in the University’s online academic programs.
• Responsible for retention of assigned students throughout their program of study. Act as a mentor and point of first contact for all online students.
• Works closely with fellow staff members and other departments to ensure that student inquiries are being handled in a timely manner.
• Provides follow-up to students with issues and/or concerns with outstanding customer service. Coordinate resolutions to advising issues for students within 48 hours.
• Proactively monitor online student progress via reporting in the campus learning management system. Track progress in grades, meeting course requirements, and time spent within online classroom.
• Responsible for reaching out to assigned students to help motivate them in completing their program of study.
• Ability to handle highly confidential material.
QUALIFICATIONS: An associate’s degree is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Experience working in a higher education setting and customer service is preferred.
• Exemplary customer skills and professionalism, including dealing effectively with the students, faculty, staff, and general public both in person and over the telephone.
• Ability to work proficiently with the Moodle LMS system
• Maintain professionalism when dealing with all staff and other customers. Demonstrates understanding and sensitivity to the needs of all prospective as well as current students.
• Ability to work effectively, decisively and flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to identify problems and to propose feasible solutions.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated and be able to work on own initiative.
To learn more about the University please visit our website at www.sbu.edu Application review to begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please forward cover letter, 3 professional references and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
InsideHigherEd.com - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard