Seasonal (Oct 2013 to Jan 2014, specific dates may vary by site)
The Fulfillment Center Medical Representative will provide functions such as: provide functions such as First Aid to injured or ill employees, proactively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the worker’s compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
- Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if needed.
- Maintain all records of care given to employees.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the care of employees.
- Contact outside medical providers as needed to schedule appointments, and if needed restriction clarification, or arrange further treatment.
- Train employee volunteers in First Aid, CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Provide daily end of shift reports to the Safety and Leadership team.
- Provide analysis of all incidents on a monthly basis coupled and make recommendations for risk reductions on work place injuries.
- Participate in weekly Site Case Management Review meetings with HR, Risk Management and Safety.
- Participate in incident investigations as needed.
- Develop a return to work Physical Demands Assessments for each task.
- Participates in facilitation of random drug testing.
- Establish an equipment inspection schedule and verify that the all equipment is being inspected by reviewing tags for compliance.
- Participate in the Employee Safety Committee meetings.
- Evaluate stretching program assist safety with custom tailored stretching program, possibly through coordination with the off-site medical provider or physical therapy department.
- Meet and greet new hires during orientation.
- Be actively involved with site Kaizens (Process analysis and improvement project)
- Learn every job function in facility to fully understand the ergonomic risk factors
- Frequent floor time is required to better under the needs of operations.
- Help coordinate annual onsite health fair.
- Update the communication board with proactive health and wellness tips.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to communicate safety needs at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills: analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Must have current and valid EMT Certification from the Department of Health for the state you are practicing in
- Must have a current and valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associate will be required to maintain all EMT and CPR credentials throughout employment at Amazon
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 3 + years of experience as a full time EMT responding to emergency calls
- Bachelor's degree
- Candidate must be certified to teach First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience with OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...