Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB BAND: Individual Contributor
Reports To: Corporate Safety Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Amount of Travel Required: 60-75%
Work Schedule: This position works between the hours of 6 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Ability to work a flexible schedule is necessary.
This position formulates, develops, and coordinates safety and loss control functions onsite.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
- Conducts accident investigations and recommends corrective action (if warranted) based upon incidents and/or trends. Determines the cause and identifies the means of prevention.
- Conducts various drug testing processes across the organization: pre-employment, random, reasonable/for cause, and post-accident.
- Trains employees in Company general safety practices including, but not limited to: Aerial Lift, Forklift and New Hire Safety Onboarding..
- Provides guidance to field employees, project supervisors, and management on matters concerning employee health & safety, public safety, and environmental safety.
- Monitors compliance with government regulatory agencies such as OSHA, MSHA, DNR, etc.
- Completes, submits, and tracks forms of written communication including, but not limited to: toolbox talks, site-specific safety plans and forms, procedures, and correspondence.
- Interfaces with customers and general and specialty contractors, as well as trade associations to facilitate best safety practices and compliance and provide an appropriately consistent approach to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Actively participates in monthly jobsite specific and tool box talk meetings, including leading and facilitating discussions.
- Completes jobsite safety audits, identifying unsafe conditions and work practices, and ensures appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Collaborates with Safety Department to improve safety and health onsite and for the company overall.
- Maintains stock and orders safety supplies for project.
- Provides support to on-site personnel.
- Assists in task safety analysis and pre-planning.
- Serves as primary contact for onsite safety-related issues or concerns.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented – Commitment to understanding and valuing differences among people.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate/conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Healthy, Sustainable Work - Commitment to fostering a healthy, safe workplace in which team members can deliver quality services that best utilize the resources (people, property, and financial assets) of the company and minimize the impact on the environment.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Safety Awareness – Commitment to fostering an employee empowerment culture in regards to safety.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Well Workplace - Ability to identify and act on opportunities that improve the informational, behavioral, and physical components of work which positively impact individual and team member health, wellness, and safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 4 th year apprentice or above, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Construction and three to five (3-5) years of Safety experience, or
- Five years experience in the Electrical trade, or
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- CHST or CSP certification preferred
- Strong command of safety equipment, “best practices” and regulatory requirements.
- Desire to hold employee safety and health above other site concerns.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle customer and employee concerns with efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to present information and lead discussions.
- Ability to track and organize safety statistics and forms.
- Knowledge of the electrical construction trade is preferred.
- Ability to operate various types of construction equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Boots, Gloves, and Harness)
Work is performed primarily in indoor and outdoor settings with regular exposure to cold, heat, direct sunlight, dirt, hazardous electrical/specialty systems equipment and wiring, and underground and elevated heights. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for two to four hours daily.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Faith Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage the hiring and promotion of women and minorities.
Faith Technologies, Inc. - 19 months ago
Faith Technologies, Inc., one of the Midwest's Top 20 electrical and technical services contractor, has 15 locations in five states:...