Ingenuity is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease. Ingenuity’s industry-leading technology platform was built by our team of interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial researchers, scientists and engineers that are passionate about improving human health through the intelligent use of semantic technologies. We have used this technology to develop the industry-leading analytic platform for pathway analysis and systems biology research, and are now expanding to develop new solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. Ingenuity is a professional work environment, valuing work life balance.
As a member of the Content group, you will join a dynamic cross-functional team composed of biologists, ontologists, and software engineers working on truly cutting-edge technology. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with training in biology or medicine to contribute to the advancement of science.
The Ontology group is responsible for Ingenuity’s large, high-quality Knowledge Base of biological concepts and its use to integrate content curated from the literature and public databases into our customer applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in a variety projects to extend the Ingenuity Knowledge Base to meet customer needs to understand their –omics data.
- Develop models to store biological information in a consistent and computable manner.
- Review and integration of biological data from a variety of sources
- Developing processes to acquire and integrate new types of content, maintaining and expanding the ontology, including integration with external databases
A member of the team maintaining a portion of the Ingenuity Knowledge Base.
- Organization of biological and/or medical concepts
- Integration with public sources
- Integration of content into our customer applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An energetic, open-minded person with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability in analytical thinking
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and practice new technologies as needed to get the job done
- Knowledge of biological ontologies, ontology query languages and knowledge base tools
- Research or clinical experience with human hereditary diseases or human genetics
- Scripting skills
- Experience with public sources of information about biological concepts, especially genetic disorders
- Experience programming in a language such as Perl, Python, or Java
- Experience developing or using biological databases or ontologies
- MD or PhD in the biological sciences, preferably in field relating directly to human genetics or human disease