GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: Successful candidate will supervise the safe maintenance and repairs of electrical systems on P&H 2800XPA/B & 4100 XPB/C shovels, 930E and 685 Komatsu Haul trucks, HV switchgear, HV cable repairs and miscellaneous electrical components. Execution of scheduled and unscheduled work consisting of rebuilds, preventative maintenance, and repairs. Capable of directing hourly employees to achieve desired results while ensuring safety of personnel, environmental protection, equipment protection, and production goals are met. Have the ability to work with individuals at various levels and different departments within the company and outside personnel to communicate and ensure standards/goals are met. Participate in safety programs, personnel development programs, budgeting, costing, and planning as required to ensure business goals of the company are met. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Minimum of ten (10) years electrical experience in open pit mining or equivalent required
• Excellent attendance and safety record required
• Willingness and ability to work in a team based environment and portray a positive work attitude required
• Experience working on open pit electrical mining equipment such as P&H electric shovels, 685 e & 930 E Komatsu haul trucks, high voltage experience up to 13.8 KV, SLC 500/504 PLC and industrial electrical equipment repairs preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an electrical supervisor or relief supervisor in open pit mining or equivalent preferred
• Computer skills with basic Word, Excel, Oracle eAM software and functions such: writing work orders, purchase requisitions, etc. preferred
• MSHA electrical surface or underground cardholder preferred
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbal and written with a wide variety of individuals and departments required
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...