Mirantis, the global engineering company for open source infrastructure, an experienced DevOps engineer to help our customers deploy and manage OpenStack -based clouds.
You will be working with the latest and greatest open-source solutions in the domain of building software-driven datacenter and help customers to adopt seamless, fully automated data-center operations. Our clients include leading Fortune 1000 enterprises, late-stage venture backed technology companies, and large public sector agencies. This job is to be based in our Mountain View office in the San Francisco Bay area.
If you’ve got a passion for open source and virtualization, making infrastructure technologies perform, pushing the envelope of scalability, and a track record of doing new things, drop us a line. Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We need creative, disciplined software engineers with the collaborative skills to enable teams to successfully work through development, testing, and deployment.
- Solid Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of networking technologies and protocols
- Excellent understanding of Linux networking stack and tools
- Working experience with configuration management frameworks: Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms (KVM/XEN/LXC) and understanding of difference, pros and cons of different types of virtualization
- Extensive scripting experience: Shell, Python, Perl
- Working experience with OpenStack: deployment, configuration, operations
- Experience with orchestration frameworks for cluster management (SaltStack, mCollective)
- Knowledge of open-source storage solutions and distributed file systems
- Experience working with Linux HA stack: pacemaker, corosync, keepalived
What We Offer
- Design and implement automatic deployment of OpenStack-based clouds for enterprise customers
- Integrate OpenStack with other open-source solutions to build more reliable clouds
- Troubleshoot OpenStack deployment consistency
- Implement self-healing procedures for OpenStack cloud
Please send your cover letter and resume to cv [at] mirantis.com
- Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth