Mirantis, the global engineering company for open source infrastructure, is looking for Support Engineers to support the next generation OpenStack Data Center clouds we are building for our clients, who include leading Fortune 1000 enterprises, late-stage venture backed technology companies, and large public sector agencies. This job is to be based in our Mountain View office in the San Francisco Bay area.
If you’ve got a passion for outrageous customer support, new emerging technologies, open source and virtualization, making infrastructure technologies perform, pushing the envelope of scalability, and a track record of doing new things, drop us a line. Our team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We need skilled, disciplined support engineers driven by solving problems with thoroughness and determination: managing client incidents, problem analysis, technical architecture review, and application virtualization remediation, along with the collaborative skills to enable teams to successfully work through development, testing, and deployment.
- Understanding of cloud computing domain, key players and technologies
- Experience in supporting large-scale multi-tenant infrastructure level services (load balancers, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with supporting external clients at the enterprise level
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight
- Ability to spot trends and recommend solutions.
- Good understanding of operational concepts with focus on mission critical support.
- Experience with HA solutions; HA-proxy, Pacemaker, Corosync
- Familiarity with OpenStack, and the willingness to be trained to expert level
- Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with production monitoring and alerting.
- Excellent understanding of data center organization, including hardware configurations and networking
- Willingness to be primary entry point for client incidents, managing live issues until resolution.
- Extreme focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Knowledge of LAMP stack with focus on Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Python, Puppet, and Cobbler experience are value adds
- Ability to directly interact with clients via phone/email in fluent English.
What We Offer
- Primary entry point for client incidents, managing live issues until resolution.
- Escalation of issues as needed to engineering teams.
- Reliably work set “shift-patterned” schedule
- Fast learner; learning OpenStack projects via in-house mentoring.
- Support Linux and OpenStack in both production and preproduction environments for external clients.
- Respond to client submitted tickets and document all work performed.
- Log OpenStack bugs with Mirantis engineers and/or community resources
- Contribute to OpenStack community via feedback and insight into chronic issues.
Please send your cover letter and resume to cv [at] mirantis.com
- Work in the Bay Area with established leaders in their industry
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Work with large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Telecommuting flexible and friendly.